What is Alcohol?
The availability and social acceptance of alcohol make it one of the most commonly consumed intoxicating substances on earth. Nearly 15% of individuals who "try" alcohol develop a dependency on it, and become alcoholics.
Alcohol addiction treatment :
A chronic disease characterized by uncontrolled drinking and preoccupation with alcohol.
Alcoholism is the inability to control drinking due to both a physical and emotional dependence on alcohol. It can be treated by - Medical procedure, Counselling, Therapies, Self-care.
Taking after Sign could be of alcohol addiction:
- Drinking at inappropriate times, such as first thing in the morning.
- Avoid contact with loved ones.
- Losing interest in any other things like spending time with their family.
- Neglecting Responsibilities and activities.
Alcohol-Related Harm in the body:-
To the stomach:
- Slows down functioning and interferes with digestion.
- Irritates the lining of the food pipe and stomach.
- Increases incidence of cancer.
To the Liver:
- Can lead to fatty liver
- Permanent damage cirrhosis
To the Heart:
- Excessive alcohol use can: damage blood vessels, weaken heart muscles, and cause enlargement.